This is an exciting opportunity to join a diverse, ambitious and rapidly improving college at an exciting time in our future development.
The Assistant Principal (Teaching, Learning and Assessment) will play a crucial leadership role in the college as a part of the Senior Leadership Team; to support our aim to reach an exceptional standard of education for all St Charles students.
If you are looking for an opportunity to make a significant difference to the academic outcomes of students; to demonstrate the ability to raise standards across a college community, and to; work within an ambitious and highly effective leadership team, this could be the role for you.
- To be a significant presence in the day to day running of the College.
- To work as a member of the senior leadership team to drive and deliver excellent standards in student achievement and progression
- Promote a culture of excellence, equality and high expectations, with a focus on continuous improvement
- To develop College strategy, specifically in relation to Teaching Learning and Assessment and support teams to translate this into effective operational objectives which are continuously reviewed and delivered to ensure that an outstanding level of learning and learner experience is achieved.
- To have responsibility for leading on effective Teaching, Learning and Assessment across the College
- To lead on the promotion of effective and innovative Teaching, Learning and Assessment practices which meet the needs of all students; ensuring inclusive and challenging learning experiences which deliver excellent outcomes
- To ensure that staff are continually motivated, supported and challenged to attain the highest standards of Teaching, Learning and Assessment including through regular high quality professional development opportunities
- To work with the curriculum leaders to ensure that College policies on Teaching, Learning and Assessment are applied consistently and effectively across the College
- To co-ordinate resource allocation, in liaison with the Director of HR, specifically with regard to CPD and Quality Improvement
- To undertake an appropriate programme of teaching in accordance with the duties of a standard scale teacher
Please download an application form and our detailed job description from the documents below.
For more information please contact myself Miss Dodd on: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications will be 21st February 2021
Interviews to be held week commencing 1st March 2021
Please no agency applications.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates for vacant posts are expected to share this commitment and all appointments will be subject to appropriate vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure check. We are an equal opportunities employer.
|Teaching Staff Application Form (PDF)||19th Jun 2018||Download|
|Teaching Staff Application Form (Word)||17th May 2019||Download|
|Pre-DBS Disclosure Form||19th Jun 2018||Download|
|Race Equality Form||19th Jun 2018||Download|
|Leadership Pay Spine 2020 2021||21st Jan 2021||Download|
|Information about the College 2021||21st Jan 2021||Download|
|Letter to job applicants updated 2021||21st Jan 2021||Download|
|Assistant Principal Teaching Learning an...||21st Jan 2021||Download|