Learning Resource Centre (LRC)
The Learning Resource Centre (LRC) at St Charles supports teaching and learning within the College, through the provision of relevant teaching resources and the development of study and information skills.
The LRC aims to equip students with the knowledge and skills that help them to become independent learners.
The LRC includes:
- 72 study spaces
- Two group study tables
- A full enquiry service staffed by qualified librarians and an experienced LRC assistant
- An upstairs Gallery for quiet, private study
IT & Computing Facilities:
- An IT Room with 28 computers and printing and scanning facilities
- 5 Apple iMacs
- A Library catalogue station
- iPads for use in the Library
- A secure charging station for students' own devices
- All computers have MS Office programmes and internet access
- A dedicated area in the Gallery for students to plug in their own laptops and other devices
- A collection of electronic resources specifically selected for the students' needs. These resources include online newspaper databases, subject-specific resources, academic journals and many more
Resources & Services:
- A collection of approximately 12,000 print items, including fiction and non-fiction. Non-fiction titles include textbooks and revision guides, as well as a huge range of extended reading material on a large variety of subjects. Our non-fiction titles range from classic literature to popular contemporary young adult titles
- Daily newspapers
- Subscriptions to a number of popular and academic journals and magazines
- An excellent collection of DVDs and a DVD player for the students to watch films in the LRC
- Photocopying (colour and black & white)
- Subject-specific displays and promotions
- A wide range of printed help materials
We offer a full enquiry service and are happy to help both staff and students with locating resources either online or in the library itself.
We are open from Monday to Friday 8.30am until 5pm. The library closes every day from 10.50am until 11.10am so that students can attend registration.
General Enquiries: 020 8968 7755 x217 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org