Learning Resource Centre (LRC)
The Learning Resource Centre (LRC) at St Charles College fosters teaching and learning by offering appropriate educational resources and enhancing study and information literacy.
The LRC is dedicated to empowering students with the tools and abilities necessary to become independent learners.
The LRC provides the following features:
- A digital presentation platform designed to organise a variety of content for convenient access, facilitating the sharing of digital materials in a visually engaging format to cultivate interaction with both students and staff.
- Individual & group study areas
- The Space: a collaborative work room
- Assistance from staff members for any enquiries
- An upstairs Gallery offering a tranquil environment for quiet study
- A computer room equipped with 28 computers, including 5 Apple iMacs.
- All computers are installed with MS Office programs and have internet connectivity.
- Curated online resources tailored to students' requirements, encompassing databases of online newspapers, subject-specific materials, academic journals, and more
Resources & Services:
- An extensive array of printed materials, encompassing both fiction and non-fiction selections, such as textbooks, revision guides, and an expansive range of supplementary reading materials covering diverse subjects. Our non-fiction collection spans from classic literature to contemporary young adult titles.
- Access to academic journal subscriptions
- Mobile device chargers and a secure charging cabinet
- Photocopying, printing and scanning facilities
- Engaging subject-specific, topical and themed displays
- Extensive collection of printed assistance guides
- Cosy seating arrangements for relaxation and enjoying our selection of board games, including chess.
- Staff well-being room
The LRC is open Monday to Friday from 8.30am until 4.45pm (Wednesday 8.30 until 4.30pm) during term time only.
General Enquiries: 020 8968 7755 x217
Email the LRC: email@example.com