Learning Resource Centre (LRC)
The Learning Resource Centre (LRC) at St Charles supports teaching and learning within the College, through the provision of relevant teaching resources and the development of study and information skills.
The LRC aims to equip students with the knowledge and skills that help them to become independent learners.
The LRC includes:
- Wakelet - a digital presentation platform that organises a mix of content for easy access, to share a mix of digital content in a creative recognizable platform to engage with students and staff.
- Individual study spaces
- A Group Study Room
- Staff on hand to help with enquiries
- An upstairs Gallery for quiet, private study
IT & Computing Facilities:
- An IT area with 28 computers and printing and scanning facilities
- 5 Apple iMacs
- Chromebooks for use in the LRC
- A secure charging station for students' own devices
- All computers have MS Office programmes and internet access
- A dedicated area in the Gallery for students to plug in their own laptops
- A collection of electronic resources specifically selected for the students' needs. These resources include online newspaper databases, subject-specific resources, academic journals and many more
Resources & Services:
- A large collection of print items, including fiction and non-fiction. Non-fiction titles include textbooks and revision guides, as well as a huge range of extended reading material on a large variety of subjects. Our non-fiction titles range from classic literature to popular contemporary young adult titles
- Subscriptions to academic journals
- An excellent collection of DVDs and a DVD player for the students to watch films in the LRC
- Photocopying (colour and black & white)
- Subject-specific displays and promotions
- A wide range of printed help materials
The LRC is open from Monday to Friday 8.30am until 4.45pm (Wednesday 4.30pm).
General Enquiries: 020 8968 7755 x217
Email the Library
All staff, parents and visitors have a statutory responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of students. Please click here for more information on safeguarding.
|LRC News Jan 2021 Issue 1||25th Mar 2022||Download|
|LRC News Feb 2021 Issue 2||25th Mar 2022||Download|
|LRC News Easter 2021 Issue 3||25th Mar 2022||Download|
|LRC News May 2021 Issue 4||25th Mar 2022||Download|
|LRC News Summer 2021 Issue 5||25th Mar 2022||Download|
|LRC News September 2021 Issue 6||25th Mar 2022||Download|
|LRC News Christmas 2021 Issue 7 4||25th Mar 2022||Download|
|LRC News February 2022 Issue 8||25th Mar 2022||Download|