St Charles Catholic Sixth Form College has been officially recognised as a GOOD College following its recent Ofsted inspection.
The national recognition by Ofsted highlights:
- Students are very clear about what they have to do to be successful in their forthcoming examinations.
- Teachers are experts in their subjects.
- Learners demonstrate maturity and their behaviour at college is good. They respond positively to the high expectations that staff have of them.
- Teachers consider carefully how they sequence the curriculum. They take into account a range of factors related to subject knowledge and content, and to developing learners' study skills.
- Learners feel the college is a safe and supportive environment.
- Teachers use questioning skilfully to assess what learners know and can do.
- Teachers ask effective follow-on questions to check for deeper understanding.
- Teachers develop learners' use of subject related terminology well. Consequently, learners become fluent in using the correct technical or vocational language in their work.
- Teachers prepare students well for life in modern Britain.
All staff, parents and visitors have a statutory responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of students. Please click here for more information on safeguarding.
|Ofsted Report March 2021||13th Jan 2022||Download|
|Ofsted Report November 2020||04th Feb 2022||Download|
|Ofsted 2022 Report||27th Jun 2022||Download|